QUOTES: (beginning with my favorite)
- “Sometimes the only reason the grass is greener on the other side is because it’s growing over a septic tank.”
- “Stop moaning about millennials and start mentoring them.”
- “If you don’t come apart for a while, you’ll come apart in a while.”
- “In failing to make a decision, we make a decision.”
- “Fear hobbles you.”
- “It’s easier to hide a dent in your soul than a dent in your car.”
- “Be less concerned about reputation and more concerned about character because one is who people say you are and one is who you really are.”
- “Beware of the disease to please.”
- “How many Ishmael’s have I birthed because I wasn’t willing to wait on God?”
- Character or career & cars?
- Live for money or live for God’s glory?
- Obey or delay?
- Resist or repent?
- Programs or prayer?
- Buildings or Bible?
- Serving sorrow or serving the Savior?
- Childlike or childish?
- Pouting or praising?
- Moaning or mentoring?
- Worry or wonder?
- My wants or His will?
- Fear or faith?
- Groaning or growing?
I hope you enjoy these and they minister to you as they have been to me. The greatest takeaway however, is found right there in the title of conference - Connect. The best part of Connect is connecting with other brothers and sisters in Christ throughout our fellowship, get to know them personally and develop relationships. Each time I leave a Berean conference, I leave with a greater and restored sense of mission and how we are all in this mission together to make disciples to reach the world for Christ!